Monday, July 28, 2008

Hi


Can't get myself to finish the big Silver Jews/David Berman essay; I didn't feel like going near any recent basketball discussion (especially not the Nike commercial fiasco) or anything else sports related (though let me just throw out the heretical and terrifying thought that Devin Hester has already peaked in terms of Making A Difference for Our Very Own Chicago Bears). Basically, with all the transition and moderate stressors going on in my life right now, I haven't felt like writing much of anything lately, at least not for public display (though I have been working on some poems that I'll be ready to show in a few months and lyrics for my as-of-yet-unnamed metal/shoegaze solo project). So I'll just leave off for now with a quote from a book I just finished reading:

"The point is not to undo all of modern science but to acknowledge
the value of what has been banished as irrational and infantile"--Jessica Benjamin

No comments: