Tuesday, July 1, 2008

bias for action

This is what I need to work on:

“I want you to have a bias for action,” one of my basic school instructors told
our class of boot lieutenants. “When there’s not enough information to make a
great decision, I want you to make a good one. When there’s not enough for a
good one, I want you to make any decision. Indecision kills.”


Not to equate my fairly dull and priveleged life with combat, but I often get stuck at the information-gathering (or -binging, like I've posted about before) stage, to the detriment of getting anything done.

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my advisor tells me i could've written several dissertations by now if i'd quit worrying about what to do and did something. apparently, he was told the same thing when he was in grad school...