Thursday, June 12, 2008

For the writers


First of all, since I decided I'm going to get serious about my dissertation proposal, one of the more subtle procrastination tactics my unconscious is employing is geeking out over recording gear. This task took me to the self-described "technical communication blog" http://www.idratherbewriting.com/. Now that I've decided to be less technophobic, I've decided that I need to incorporate some understanding of technology and communication into my worldview. Anyway, this blog led me to this post about essay writing, which got my mind going a little bit. This, combined with a meeting with a professor who offered a few very specific suggestions about exercizes to generate ideas and writing, have me feeling much more mentally equipped than I did this morning.


Unfortunately, game 4 in LA is likely to wipe out any productivity that otherwise may have occurred this evening.

No comments: